Sunday, February 1, 2009



I went to Starbucks today and had a decadent Red Velvet cupcake. I actually just left the gym stopped by Indigo grabbed a latte and a cupcake....so I promptly cancelled out my prior workout. Anyways my favourite Artist/Scrapper Elsie Fannigan opened up her Red Velvet store today so I had the cupcake to honor her! You can check out her blog on my blog list to the right!
Now I want to try and make my own Red Velvet cupcakes!
Kim went to the farm for the day today and I enjoyed a day to myself. I love him dearly however he does not like strolling through Michaels like I do or sitting down at Indigo reading random magazines for 45 minutes! He is back tonight and then basically gone for the first 2 weeks of the month:( Oh well!


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 cupcake cups or line with paper liners.
2Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
3Add eggs and blend well.
4Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring and add to the butter mixture.
5Sift flour and salt togethr into this mixture.
6One at a time, add the following ingredients: buttermilk, vanilla, and water.
7In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and the baking soda. Fold it into the cake batter. Make sure it's incorporated, but don't beat it.
8Pour the batter into the cupcake cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cake springs back when touched.
9Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn out of pan and onto a rack to finish cooling completely.
10Cream Cheese Frosting: Blend together the following: 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.

No comments: