Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Best in Show goes to a Senior Pooch....but that kinda sucks:(











I was soo happy to hear that the famous Westminster dog show gave the Best in Show title to a senior pooch this year. Stump a 10 year old little guy won! Having 2 senior dogs myself I just love this honour. That said I TOTALLY disagree with dog shows! In fact I HATE dog shows! I do not believe dogs should be bread (inbred) to be hauled around like dolls and living in kennels their entire lives. That is just one reason I think dog shows should be banned. Another reason is that dog shows promote dog breeding and inbreeding. There are MILLIONS of Innocent, sweet animals killed everyday in shelters simply because no one could look after them. Dog shows and dog breeding is brutal and I am totally against it. If people want purebread dogs go for it......there are plenty in shelters! There was actually a story in the NY times this week all about how Westminster is brutal and I will find it and link it to my blog as soon as I can.
I am off to my class just thought I would rant a little.

No comments: