Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Please adopt a pet


If I have taken anything away from this experience, if I have one message from Kasey that she would want me to tell others is that if you can PLEASE ADOPT A PET.
I rescued her from a shelter and gave her 7 really wonderful years. She was left in a shelter for 3 months all alone. There are many misconceptions about rescuing an animal.....many people think that they are bad, misbehaved or untrainable. THIS IS NOT TRUE.
The second I picked Kasey up from the shelter she was mine, she would have given anything for me from day one. Animals that are rescued will repay you for the rest of their existence for saving them. Everyday they are saying Thank you and I love you to you. They really are. Please look past the awful metal cages, the loud noise and brutal smell of a shelter. Look into the animals eyes and save their soul. Save a life!!!I PROMISE YOU it is worth it!
You never know why a dog has been left behind. Their owner may have become sick or was old and passed away. They may have have to leave behind a loveable companion, a best friend. They may have had to move. They may have been left with no choice and it could have been heartbreaking for both. You never know...give a rescue a chance!
Less than a week ago I had 3 dogs, 2 rescues and one I have had since he was a puppy from a breeder. I am telling you the biggest headache has come from my breeder dog. I love him dearly however I have vowed never to get another dog that is not a rescue.
If anyone is thinking of getting a dog PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think about adopting!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janna, I am so sad for you that your loved one is gone. that is hard! I like seeing your dogs always bouncing around in your front window~ and when you guys leave to go somewhere. IT's neat! and then the kids usually beg us for dogs. You'll have to scrap a mini album to remember!