Monday, December 21, 2009

Xmas Vacation in NC so far

Yesterday was a busy day for us. We woke up and found the local starbucks and headed to the Chapel Hill area to check it all out. Chapel hill is a beautiful old college town with an amazing campus and really lovely all American houses surrounding it. Kim and I wandered around there and then headed off to find a mall where we shopped around until we were tired!
After that we went back to our hotel, showered up and then drove out to meet a photographer "friend" that I had never met before. Prior to coming down here I was on a photography site called I heart faces and it was there that I connected with Michelle. Michelle invited us out to her place and we actually went out caroling with her sweet family and friends. It sort of felt like and out of body experience to do something like that b/c that is just not us......but it was really great! We came in from caroling and sat down with Michelle and her husband and chatted the night away. Kim and I were worried that it would be wired or uncomfortable but it was nothing like that. tonight we are meeting them for diner!
During the day today we shopped around Raleigh. It is super busy right now because of the holidays but the weather is fabulous. Tomorrow I think we are going to Wilmington to check out the Outterbanks.
I better run and get ready for diner!

No comments: